Secondary school maths workshop for schools
Workshop developed by an Aerospace engineer following experience in supply Maths tutoring in schools. Ideal for GCSE classroom revision.
Students will learn curriculum-based Maths through a mix of practicals and games. It is designed to engage those school children that lack motivation to learn Maths.
Half day or full day,
typically covers up to 48
students in a day,
contact us for bigger sessions.
Secondary and GCSE,
KS3 and KS4
Because it all comes in a box, Maths will never be boring again!
- Speed, Distance and Time
- Proportions and Ratios
- Density, Volume, and Mass
- Numbers and Algebra
- Fractions and Percentages
Unique concepts to understand Maths and relate calculations to real-life.
Available in Two Versions
Foundation- suitable for KS3 and GCSE foundation students
Higher- suitable for GCSE higher students
Typical Workshop Day
- Explain how the day will work and split the students into groups.
- Handout out the introductory worksheets to students and ask the children to crack the code.
- Practical - Carry out the scaling, bearing and measurements activities and go through the answers. Students will explore maps and various other objects for this exercise.
- Practical - Play a probability game using the card pack, record results and complete additional probability Maths questions.
- Practical - Calculate ratios, proportions and percentages for the items inside the box.
- Practical - Conduct a bridge-building exercise using rods and various building bricks. Challenge the students to build an efficient bridge that can withstand a specific load. They will have to carry out unit conversions and other calculations for this exercise.
- We will summarise the information learned and as with all our engagements we will end the day with a street-dance performance.
Why Maths in a Box?
Want to know more about the development of this workshop? Read our blog here.