STEM Training and Services
After school STEM clubs and coding workshops
We can provide after school STEM clubs for up to 20 students. The sessions are designed to last 1 hour and will be delivered by a qualified instructor.
STEM Club Topics
Schools can choose from one of the following topics for after school clubs:
- Build a windmill to light an LED - This is a shorter version of our renewable-energy workshop.
- Coding with the BBC micro:bit - Learn basic programming with this device. Ideal for beginners. This is shorter version of our coding workshop.
- Building a propeller car - Learn about forces of motion. This is a shorter version of one of our science workshops.
- Build circuits - This is a shorter version of our electricity workshop.
Outside 50 miles from East London - Please contact us.
We deliver coding workshops to universities, colleges, and primary & secondary schools in the UK. Our coding workshops are hands-on and based around either the BBC micro:bit (a device developed by the BBC to teach children coding) or the Raspberry Pi. These workshops are ideal for engineering or computer science students. Our workshops will be delivered using either micro python or MakeCode block programming languages. We aim to inspire the next generation of programmers for a better world.
- Code a set of traffic lights.
- Code a LED displays to show characters and shapes.
- Code sensors on the BBC micro:bit to measure acceleration.
- Code a sensor board (ideal for engineering students).
Coding Workshop Content:
- Overview of programming languages
- Data types
- Logic and arithmetical operators
- Conditional statements (if else statements)
- Loops (for and while loops)